Thursday, October 29, 2009

And the lull ends...





So finally after a long and arduous break, I am back to good old blogging days. A lot has happened in these past days that has kept me on my toes, and my hearty apologies to all those expecting to see at least some posts to be put across. A lot of Bad things have happened this year...well maybe Not Bad, but undesirable events....things you cannot avoid...Just waiting for this year to get over, once and for all...

Well, the weather in the city is now slowly making its steady transformation. Mornings look better, with a slight chill, just enough to make you feel the approaching winter. So, what's the best start to a day? , May I ask? Ideally, someone might say that it would be to just laze around and sleep. True? Perhaps, but in my honest opinion, I disagree. (Whether I adhere to that or not, is a different thing altogether, though!!!) For me the ideal morning would begin with the first sunrays beating on your face, warm enough to wake you up, the sounds of soft music to revive your senses, and a cup of warm coffee (prefer coffee over tea, any day) to pull your body out of its slumber. And the comfort of time to avoid any rush. Difficult? Not really, I guess…

Politics have always fascinated me, for some reason hitherto unknown. Political Circles were ruffled lately as we went to the polls. Surprisingly, for the third time in a row, the candidate I voted for got elected. And this time, it wasn't the traditional vote and yet, voila!

Read the latest book by Dan Brown, called 'The Lost Symbol'. It does make for an interesting read. It's a bit slow but seems intriguing nevertheless. I would recommend it to everyone who wants a slow paced thriller. The ending seems to be a damn squib, but then most treasure hunts too end up pretty similarly.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that I have started playing this game called 'Mafia Wars' on Facebook. Have to admit that it's one addictive game. And to top it all, well I'm winning a few good fights. Now, to counter this they have also come up with another game called Farmville. My College Buddy tells me, 'You know what! Most of my friends are either gangsters or farmers'. So True!!!

The last post featuring on music was really liked by many. Thank You guys, for your thoughts. I was initially sceptical about how regional music would be taken up, but I'm glad that you appreciated the thought. In fact I had a request for a similar post… Besides, there were a few who found my translation to be an obsession with south Indian music, well here's the leveller now. So, here's one song I found worth mentioning. I'm certain many would have loved the song but not really followed the lyrics. They go something like this…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

feelin' blue
feelin' blue
feelin' blue
my heart says can't be, can't be true...only,
can't be true
my heart says can't be, can't be true,
can't be (fading…)


jaane kya chahe mann bawra (2)
akhiyan mere saawan chala (2)



saghan achal sara bor hove
sajan ansuan mein kya zor hove (2)
 kya jor hove...apne jiya pe...
mann toh maara yeh manchala

jaane kya chahe mann bawra (2)
akhiyan mere saawan chala (2)

pawan purva mein yu udta jaave
badra chanda se mann judta jaave (2)
aave hawa ka...jhonka fir aisa...
toote patang kee dorr sa

jaane kya chahe mann bawra (2)
akhiyan mere saawan chala (2)



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
meaning...
 
feelin' blue
feelin' blue
feelin' blue
my heart says can't be, can't be true...only,
can't be true
my heart says can't be, can't be true,
can't be (fading…)


I have no idea what my crazy heart wants
Though my eyes can't stop crying


My scarf is all wet with tears
Is there any power in these tear drops, my love?
Do these tear drops have any effect on my heart?
I think my crazy heart is dead now.


I have no idea what my crazy heart wants
Though my eyes can't stop crying

My mind seems to be clouded

like a cloud blown over the moon
Then comes a whiff of a breeze
And it flies like a kite with a broken line

I have no idea what my heart wants
But I keep crying nevertheless.





 (PS: this was specially for all crying hoarse over my preference for South Indian songs... :))

1 comment:

  1. Lol..U have spoken all that I have been wanting to ! A great post to kickstart a monday morning, stevie! Keep them rolling!

    SR

    ReplyDelete