Friday, July 10, 2009

Of Budgets, Houses and Nomenclature


Budgetary blues took centre stage as the week started with a bang. Markets have reacted obnoxiously as expected, considering the fact that it is not really an Industry-oriented budget. Anything that doesn’t fall as per expectations is best ignored or debunked. Just goes on to show the level of desperation these days. Its evident everywhere. Right from the morning preference for Breakfast, to your leg space n the bus and finally your expectations from the budget. Meanwhile the TV channels and Newspapers are all going gaga over the Budget. Analyzing, Cross Analyzing and predicting its effects and repercussions. Let’s move away from all that for the time being. Meanwhile I did a very good thing yesterday. In the spirit of the Budget, I prepared my own Budget, monthly and annually. Now this should help me trace my own Spending (Ever Increasing...) and Savings (if there is any....) Now, how prudent would I remain to my Budget...Time will tell.

There is a New controversy which has begun. After whom should we name a Bridge in the City? I mean what the hell? Why do you want to name it after ‘Someone’? Is it really important that a bridge deserves a baptism and some people who are not even remotely connected with the Bridge get due credit for the same? What a Travesty!!! As if, naming it would reduce the Traffic. Anyways, if one names the Bridge after Count Dracula, you would still have enough traffic regardless. The Dracula would not arise from the Ashes to guard the Bridge or scare off Traffic. Give it a Break. Let Dead Souls Rest in Peace!!!

Started following the Ashes. I’m solidly defending England this time around. It’s always fun to see the weaker side to give the Champions a run for their money. In this case, it’s the Ashes.

Rains don’t leave my Sneakers alone. My Woodland sneakers have already started looking like a pair of Wet Cardboard shoes, and my Black Leather Shoes are so soft I far they will dissolve. Now that would be a serious Loss :(

The city is pouring with rain, yet the BMC says there isn’t any water. Apparently it’s not raining in the Lakes or what one calls the “Catchment” Area. Just highlights the amount of neglect, we are all guilty of towards newer technologies like Rainwater Harvesting, Recycled Water etc. BMC, are you listening?

This week I also had the opportunity to check out a New Real Estate site that has sprung up out of the Blue. It’s named after the mineral “Gold”. But when I heard the price!!! God, it’s worth much more than that. The Price is shooting up to almost a crore for a place with 4 rooms. People say the Area is developing rapidly. Duh, like I didn’t know that!!! I spent my childhood here, for heaven’s sake. Now I only wonder what kind of a job does one get to satisfy the pre-requisites to purchase the House here? Recession, Anyone??

I’m going to my native place for the weekend (Again!!!!). This time. I am leaving with a school friend. It’s pouring like crazy and I’m supposed to reach there by 02 : 30 in the night. Sounds Scary???

2 comments:

  1. U know what...thats a really gr8 idea...should name BWSL after Count Dracula or some Phantom!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Stevie! Afterall, budget is all about who got what portion of bits n pieces from the crumbs (tx to the world crisis) !

    As for your budget, how does the provision for 'trip to chennai' looking like? You can beat the rains n no need to worry abt yr sneakers!

    ReplyDelete