Saturday, July 18, 2009

Gloomy & Depressing...


Yesterday was such a miserably Bad Day. And it couldn’t get any worse. Woke up in the morning with a miserable chest & back ache. There is this peculiar habit of my folks, to remember the work to be done at the very moment when you are just about to leave the house. And that brings nothing but chaos. The moment I left the house, started the Day by missing the Bus and had to take the Rickshaw for the umpteenth time this month. And everything that could go wrong went wrong. Murphy’s Law at its very best.

The rickshaw guy was an absolute moron. Someone whom I had encountered earlier as well. One of those typical ‘Peeping Tom’ drivers, who have to peek in every rickshaw at the sight of female flesh. The last time he happened to notice a tattoo on someone’s leg. Now it was one beautifully designed Tattoo. This bugger had the enlightened brain to ask me,”Don’t you think people can have tattoos on any part of their body?” “Err…what??” I mumbled. He went on to describe how one’s private parts could also be tattooed. I nodded in agreement, though I noticed his eyes were still on the lady’s legs. I sighed and said,” Yeah, what’s the problem with that? It’s their body. Who are we to comment?” Our bugger seemed not to agree. Kept saying how western values have invaded our culture. What the hell!!! I thought. Just decided to keep mum, nevertheless. No point in arguing with a pea brain. And now of all the drivers in the world, this same driver meets me again. Alas! My fate, I thought. The Traffic snarl was huge as usual. Started from the T- junction at the Highway and stretched a good 2 miles ahead. But the bugger made it worse taking all the unnecessary turns and allowing the others to overtake him. In the bargain, my one way trip cost me Rs. 110. Shit!!! I was supposed to be managing my Budgets. Worse still, I reached office a good 15 minutes late. The weather is kind of gloomy these days and it rains off and on. It makes the surroundings quite unhealthy. And the chest ache now deteriorated further. The afternoon lunch didn’t help either ways. Had some pods for Lunch. (Where did the Greens disappear???). Headache turned worse and a meeting went slightly haywire. But the worst was yet to come. Evening arrived and I moved out of office. Buses were packed to the core. And no rickshaw was willing to go towards Home. And I stood waiting for a rickshaw for a good hour and a half. Really didn’t have the strength to board a Bus either. Finally, even after I got into one, it took another hour and a half to reach home. Went to the ATM to withdraw some cash, and the machine stopped working. Went home to check my Account Status and found that the Loan department has debited my account for the same month twice. And it’s the second time in a row that it happened. What misery!!! And those buggers are still digging up the Powai Road. One only wonders if they are digging for Oil or Gold.

Just fell on the couch in the evening and had a quiet meal, which made me feel a little better. Now, the weekend has dawned. And finally I have some time to myself. Or so I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment